Filey Golf Club Booking Telephone: 01723 513134
Email: email@example.com Web: www.fileygolfclub.com
West Avenue, Filey, YO14 9BQ
Filey was established in 1897 and the original course was situated on land to the north of the old East Yorkshire fishing town. The course moved to its present site on the south side of town two years later.
The design of the ‘new links’ is credited to James Braid and examples of his design features can be seen on the course. It has been suggested that Dr. Alister Mackenzie, during his period of residence in Leeds, made amendments to the original design. Interestingly, Harry Vardon, during his period as club professional at nearby Ganton, would often play challenge matches over Filey. The course has been modified over the years but still retains the original Braid layout.
The purchase of adjoining land has allowed the club to incorporate a nine-hole short course into its facilities. This new ‘Academy’ course is still being developed but is proving popular with beginners and visitors who do not wish to play the main course.
The old clubhouse has been replaced with a modern building to cater for the needs of members and visitors. The welcome you receive at Filey Golf Club has not changed over the years.